Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd will collect and use your personal data for fulfilment of a contract, provision of services, cookies, complaints etc.
Why does W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you a tailored funeral service we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd would contact you for separate consent.
Will W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date. We will retain your information indefinitely for references purposes or in the case of an exhumation. W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices.
Under what circumstances will W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. We will gain explicit consent from you regarding whether we can and how we contact you. You can change your preferences at any time.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
In the event you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd (or third parties we contract with), or how your complaint has been handled, you have a right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd.
ICO Registration Number ZA347703
|Contact Name||Information Commissioner’s Office||W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd|
|Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF||11 Poplar Grove,Forest Town, Mansfield Nottinghamshire NG19 0HW|
|Telephone||0303 123 113||01623 621114|
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for W.S. Ingham & Son Ltd.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.